Of course I could not resist visiting the recent MPH Members Merdeka sale. I went browsing in MPH Mid Valley, where there's a number of books I've had my eyes on.
After an hour I had an arm full of shortlisted books, and I had to decide which few I can afford to bring home with me. In the loooong time it took to decide the final selection, I got an sms from Mr.Gila (sitting drunk in a pub somewhere) that my birthday prezzie is to be a RM300 MPH voucher, and I can go ahead and spend the amount at the sale instead if I don't mind not having physical vouchers.
Yippie! Thank God for beer!
And of course I went crazy. (I love you, too).
1) The Man Who Was Thursday G. K. Chesterson @ rm 23.37
2) King Solomon's Mines H. Rider Haggard @ rm 23.37
3) The Lost World Arthur Conan Doyle @ rm 23.37
4) The Sky is Crazy Yvonne Lee @ rm 25.41
5) The Accidental Tourist Anne Tyler @ rm 36.46
6) My Name is Red Orhan Pamuk @ rm 26.32
7) The Story of My Life Helen Keller @ rm 17.81
8) Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands Jorge Amado @ rm 38.16
9) The Murder of Roger Ackroyd Agatha Christie @ rm 16.91
10) Memoirs Are Made of These Swan Adamson @ rm 16.91
11) Lost For Words Lorelai Mathias @ rm 16.91
* prices after discount